- Five become one – the former local transport tariffs are being combined.
- Covering 19,416 km2, this is the second largest common tariff in Germany in terms of area covered.
- The Westphalia tariff is valid in 16 districts and three urban areas in Westphalia-Lippe.
- Local transport is becoming more attractive for 7.2 million people in the region.
- Ticket prices vary depending on the departure and destination stations, as well as the route taken.
- The right ticket for everyone, thanks to a wide range of options.
- Westphalia tariff tickets are available from many different places – customer centres, bus drivers, ticket machines and online.
- More than 60 transport companies, one transport authority for regional rail passenger transport and 27 transport authorities for passenger road transport all working together.
Tarif network and classification
Start + Destination = Ticket: The Westphalia tariff combines all fare offers in Westphalia-Lippe and removes tariff boundaries. The five local transport tariffs (the Münsterland tariff, the Ruhr-Lippe tariff, the Sechser tariff, the Hochstift tariff and the VGWS tariff) are all combined in the Westphalia tariff. The ticket price varies depending on the route. The price is based on the departure and destination stations, as well as any connections. It is not necessary to know which price bracket your journey falls into when buying a ticket.
Existing regional offers will remain the same
The Westphalia tariff means every passenger gets the right ticket for them, without having to give up the familiar, tried-and-tested regional offers, i.e. in Münsterland, Ruhr-Lippe, Hochstift, Westphalia South and TeutoOWL. Individual local offers throughout Westphalia-Lippe will remain the same. Please get in touch with your usual contact for customer information and issues relating to ticketing. Regional price differences may occur in the five different regions. The Westphalia tariff provides prices to be used for long travel distances beyond former tariff boundaries.
Advantages of the Westphalia tariff:
The Westphalia tariff is:
- Transparent: thanks to standard tickets and tariff conditions
- Fair: thanks to route-specific prices and a range of ticket offers
- Convenient: because tickets can be purchased quickly and easily at various locations
- Attractive: because internal tariff boundaries have been removed and passengers who travel beyond the former tariff boundaries have new attractive ticket offers available to them.
For further information and prices, visit www.westfalentarif.de.